Servicemembers now have an easier method to enroll in and maintain their SGLI policies and designate beneficiaries with the launch of the Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (SGLI) Online Enrollment System (SOES). Paperless forms and 24/7 self-service access are two of the many benefits of this approach.
The Online enrolling System (SOES) is a game-changer since it streamlines and automates the enrollment process.
What is SOES?
SGLI Online Enrollment System (SOES) is an online enrollment system for Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (SGLI). It's a paperless enrollment system that keeps track of your insurance elections and beneficiaries and provides you with 24/7 access to your SGLI information. The ultimate goal of this initiative is to consolidate SGLI and FSGLI information into a unified database.
How to Navigate SOES for SGLI Enrollment?
Among the many things service personnel may do in SOES are:
- Login: Use your secure login credentials to access the SOES platform.
- Verify Information: Confirm personal data and verify accuracy before continuing.
- Select Coverage: Pick the amount of SGLI coverage that best fits your needs.
- Beneficiary Designation: Make sure your loved ones get the benefits that you want by naming a beneficiary.
- Review and Confirm: Make sure there are no discrepancies by carefully reviewing your choices before clicking confirm.
Benefits of Using SOES
- Time Efficiency: By removing the need for documentation, SOES provides significant time savings for our armed forces. You can make the necessary changes to your coverage quickly and without bureaucratic hassle.
- Accuracy and Security: Say goodbye to manual errors. SOES guarantees the reliability and safety of your data. Confidentiality is guaranteed via encryption techniques.
- Accessibility for All: Whether stationed at home or deployed abroad, SOES can be accessed from anywhere, making it a universal solution for military personnel.
Online Access for Part-Time Coverage
Servicemembers who have full-time SGLI coverage, which includes both active duty members and reserve/Guard members who are assigned to a unit and drill at least 12 times per year, are the only people who are permitted access to the online system. Members of the part-time coverage group are required to continue using the paper SGLV 8286.
Veterans' Group Life Insurance (VGLI)
SOES is only used to provide coverage for SGLI and not VGLI. Upon departure from active duty, servicemembers are eligible to apply for VGLI using form SGLV 8714 or online.
Beneficiary and Coverage Transfer to VGLI
When an employee leaves their employer, coverage levels do not immediately transfer to VGLI. Only within the first sixty days after the coverage under VGLI goes into effect will beneficiary designations be transferable.
Applicants for VGLI can select a beneficiary and keep that information up to date after their coverage has been established; however, some legally required time restrictions may apply.